(If you came to this page from the Event Calendar, please back up and read all the information on the Congress Home page first.)
This year, registration will happen in two steps:
Step 1 - First, you'll register for the Congress itself by entering your personal information and paying the registration fee. Payment is not required right away, but it's greatly appreciated as it helps the congress run more smoothly. (Plus, you'll want to avoid those "nagging" email reminders.)
Step 2- a bit later (a week or two), you'll receive an email stating that it's time for you to sign up for housing (assuming you're staying on campus) and a meal plan. You can also choose a parking permit. Payment for this step should wait until you receive a confirmation that your selections passed a consistency check. Once you receive that, payments can be made anytime before the congress.
There are significant changes from the past, so please read the instructions below carefully!
1) You must be a member of the AGA to register. If you’re already a member, please login to your account by clicking the "Sign In" button at the top right of the page. Members may also sign-up “guests” who are not members of the AGA.
2) If you are a member of your foreign Go/Weiqi/Baduk association and are currently residing outside the US, you may sign up for a free Complimentary membership. Click the "Join the AGA" button found at the top right of every page, select Complimentary membership option, and supply the required information (name, country, address, and email). Once your membership is ready, you will get an email. Sign in to your account and register.
3) If you are not a member and you want to register your child who is a member, please use the email associated with your child's account to login in and register. Use the Member and Guest option to register both your child as a youth member and yourself as a non-participant. Remember that your child is the member and you are the guest!
4) Bring the whole family! Multiple members, non-participants, and Youth can sign up under a single registration. Just make sure that everybody's membership is up to date before you start. Non-participants do not need to be members. Select the Member and Multiple Guest option when you start.
5) Each youth (17 and younger) will need to have an accompanying parent or guardian at the congress. Each youth also needs a signed Youth Agreement, which you can fill out during registration. Please view the Youth Participants page for more information.
1) All personal questions will be on one page, including your guests. Make sure you have everyone's information before you start.
2) When you are signing up multiple people, your "guest" members must be specified with the member picker (small red Select), and your "guest" non-members are specified in a form with name, address, and email.
3) Questions marked with a RED DOT (•) means that entries are required.
4) This website does not react well to the back button on your browser. Please use the BLUE navigation buttons at the bottom (and sometimes at the top) of each page once you start registration. If you hit the back button on your browser you will likely lose some of your entries.
5) The system does not allow you to edit your registration like our old site. Once you submit your registration, you must ask the our registration staff to make changes. If you want to make a change, NO WORRIES! Our registration staff will be delighted to assist you, just email the congress registrar.
Our Event software only allows us to preconfigure a single date for cancellation. This makes it look that there is a cliff at that point. Our policy is more nuanced and will be updated in the system as we proceed.
• Before May 15th, cancellation fee is $15.00.
• Between May 15th and June 15th, cancellation fee is $150.00.
• After June 15, there is no refund of the registration fees. Please see the Housing and Meals event for the refund policy of those fees.
---> When you're ready, click the Register Now button in the upper right corner.